Monday, July 27, 2009

Federal Way Fireworks

I'm behind again in the blogosphere. This week I'll attempt to catch up.

So on the 4th of July, after I rode the ducks, Robb and I decided to hit up the Federal Way fireworks. The hoopla surrounding the fireworks wasn't great. It looked like a decent place to bring a family; there was a teen dance floor and kiddie games. But there were only a couple of food vendors and some fairly poor entertainment. We found a place for our blanket on a hill, which seemed like a great spot. (However, the hill was so steep we kept sliding down and had to re-adjust.) The fireworks were actually pretty darn good for being in a "small" town in the midst of a recession. I think it may have been the only time Robb and I have spent an Independence Day together. Normally he works at night, so it was nice to experience some fireworks together!

No comments: