Monday, August 13, 2007

Since August 8

(I've finally updated my blog. Please scroll down to read the posts about my trip in proper sequence. I don't want to be Captain Obvious here, but start with Day 1.)

My Dad left early in the morning on Wednesday, August 8. It was really hard to say good-bye to him. My parents plan on visiting for Thanksgiving, but going this many months without seeing them will be difficult. So we said our good-byes and I dropped him off at the airport (which was not easy, this airport is a nightmare!) Since then Robb and I have visited Ikea to scout out the furniture we’ll need to buy (we already bought a dining room table and four chairs for $129, a steal until you add the sales tax which is 8.9% because there is no state tax). We also have our eye on a desk/bookcase and a TV corner stand.

And we’ve been unpacking. Slowly but surely. While this apartment has a lot more square footage than any other place we’ve lived, the layout makes it difficult to find space for everything. The kitchen has no closet or pantry, the living room has a fireplace on one wall and a sliding glass door on the other, the bedrooms have very long closets that take up an entire wall, etc. So we’re unpacking, but we’re also spending a lot of time together exploring the town and running to Target to buy this and that storage device. And we also have spotty internet service, which is why it is taking me so long to post updates on my blog. The job search starts in earnest again on Monday, August 13. We hope to be done unpacking by the end of the week so that we can tour Seattle or the mountains again without feeling guilty about what is left to do at home.

No comments: