Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Weather And Flannel Sheets

I finally get to use my flannel sheets. I love flannel sheets and piles of blankets. Robb did not appreciate the flannel sheets in Florida (I suppose with good reason), but I finally get to use them here and it's not even winter yet! Keeping the windows open at night, with temperatures dipping into the low 50s means lots of blankets and snuggling.

The highs have been in the 60s and 70s lately. Tomorrow the high is supposed to get up to 78, a positive heat wave. A couple of weeks before I arrived in Washington the temps. got up to the 80s and it was an honest-to-goodness heat wave here. People are still talking about it. It has rained a few times, but nothing extraordinarily Seattle-like yet. When it does rain, it rains during the night and the mornings and usually tapers off by the afternoon to become real sunny.

I do NOT miss the Florida heat, maybe I will when my tan goes away. But I LIKE wearing jeans and long sleeve t-shirts. I LIKE snuggling under the blankets. And I definitely LIKE being able to step outside and not immediately start sweating.

I will resist using my electric blanket until the winter. And we haven't tried out the fireplace yet. After all, we don't want our neighbors to think we're crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love reading your blogs. i completely get the flannel sheets. they are great. just not in texas. how is the job search going?